Sunday, March 20, 2011

And The Winners Are......

Hello, All,

I’d like to thank all of you who participated in Do The Write Thing. Together, we raised nearly NZ$600.00 in support of those affected by the Christchurch earthquake. I am truly grateful to those of you who entered the raffle and those of you who helped me get the word out about it.

A special thanks to the authors who so generously donated their books. You’ll notice I’ve added a tab to my blogspace labeled “Authors to Check Out.” On that tab you’ll find links to the websites and blogsites of all of the authors who were kind enough to contribute their work. Please thank them by visiting their sites and checking out their books.

And now for the real reason you’re reading this post – the raffle winners!!!


And the winners are…..




Cosy Package
- Karen Dyer

Cops/Pis/Spies Package - Gale Bates

Thriller Package – Warren Bull

Humour Package - Jennifer Shelton

Academic Package - Rachel Franks; Ann Danton

History and Historical Themes Package - Sue Mcmillan; Bill Selnes

Fantasy, Mystery and a Touch of the Paranormal Package – Linn Halton

Romantic Suspense Package – Jemi Fraser

Fair Dinkum Aussie Package - Fiona Conway

Literary Mysteries and Other Fiction Package - Sarah Hayman

Sampler Package – Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise


Of course, the real winners are those whose lives have been devastated by the earthquake on their behalf, thank you.

Because of the incredible generosity of some very talented authors, there are still a few packages left. Please stay tuned to this blog; I’ll be making a special announcement about those packages in the next few days.

For now, congratulations to the winners!!! I will be contacting each of you very soon to get your postal addresses and work out the logistics of getting your prizes to you!

Thank you again, everyone!!

7 comments:

  1. Such a neat thing you did to raise funds for those affected by the recent earthquake. If you decide to continue this effort, I will be happy to donate a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for organising this. It is all the small efforts that come together to make such a difference. Our Japanese students have been collecting everyday on Campus since their earthquake and they have raised a tremendous amount. I'm just happy to have the opportunity to share some of my good fortune with those in such terrible situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Winners! I'm so happy! Working together we can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maryann - Thank you! I really do appreciate your support, and I will most likely be in touch!


    Annie - You really are kind :-). You're quite right that it's those little efforts that we call make that can make an incredible difference and I am grateful for yours. I'm sure you take real pride in what your students have accomplished :-).


    Clarissa - You are so very right. Everyone matters, and every little bit is helpful. Thanks for what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh excellent! Thank you for putting all this together Margot. I am very pleased to win the Sampler Package. And I'm sure Sarah will be pleased with hers too. You will be able to send our books to the same place if that helps - as she and I work together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners! Such a wonderful thing you've done for the victims in Christchurch, Margot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerrie - Oh, believe me, it's been my pleasure :-). I really do think you two will enjoy your packages. And that's terrific that I'll be able to send them to you at the same place. I'll be in touch.



    Elizabeth - I've just been trying to do my bit...Thank you for contributing!!

    ReplyDelete