Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Welcome To My Life*

It’s almost 2011, and lots of people are reflecting on the year that’s gone by and the year to come and making their plans. I think that’s a great idea. So I’ve used the terrific My Life As a Book idea created by Pop Culture Nerd and tossed together a set of sentences to help us all think about the year to come – crime fiction style ;-).

Here’s the way I’ve used crime fiction stories to complete the sentences:


I plan to spend my New Year’s Eve (or I spent my New Year’s Eve): At Bertram’s Hotel – Agatha Christie

I’ve made a resolution to: Write to Kill (Daniel Pennac)

I plan to quit my habit of: Love, Lies and Liquor (M.C. Beaton) ;-)

I hope I’ll get to visit: The Hanging Valley (Peter Robinson)

One project I didn’t finish last year but want to finish this year is: The Murder Book (Jonathan Kellerman)

I want to learn: Killer Routine (Alan Orloff)

I’m not looking forward to: Hard Time (Sara Paretsky)

My biggest dream for the year is: Temporary Sanity (Rose Connors)

I hope I don’t end up: Dancing for the Hangman (Martin Edwards)

I’ll probably spend a lot of time: Killing Critics (Carol O’Connell) - Um – If you’re a writer, you probably really understand this one…



Now it’s your turn… Wanna play? Just copy and paste the sentences in your own blog and complete them with your own crime fiction choices. I’d sure love to read your answers!! You can put as many restrictions (e.g. only books you read in 2010, or only books on your 2011 TBR list, etc.) or as few (like I did) restrictions on your answers as you want. Oh, and feel free to use the image if you want to. C’mon, let’s play! It’ll be fun…..



*NOTE: The title of this post is the title of a Simple Plan song.


20 comments:

  1. I love the way you used book titles to end the sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Temporary sanity - I can identify with that! Great game, Margot, and I like your inventive choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, Margot. For me this year it's Publish or Perish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific answers!

    I have participated in this once this year, however, so I will pass this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golden Eagle - Thanks :-) I kind of liked that, too!


    Maxine - Thank you :-). Let's just say I chose things I could identify with ;-).


    Alan - Thanks :-). And thanks for mentioning Publish or Perish. That's my goal, too...


    Dorte - Thank you :-). Can't say as I blame you. You have more than enough to do this year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your take on the game. I'll have to think on that one for awhile to see if I can come up with answers.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really cool take on the meme.

    And I loved Alan's answer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jemi - Thanks :-)! Glad you enjoyed :-)


    Mason - You know it's funny; I had to think for a while about it, too, before I decided what to write :-). Glad you enjoyed this.



    Rayna - I liked Alan's answer, too ;-). And thanks for the kind words :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great questions and answers! I'll think about too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a good one Margot. I'll answer it on New Year's Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margaret - Thanks :-). So glad you like them.



    Kerrie - Thank you :-). I'll look forward to your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Margot .. I think I could do it with books I've read, but not mystery ones, .. but certainly food for thought & books are always around for dipping into.

    Love the thought though .. enjoy the New Year's beginning .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilary - Thanks for the kind words; glad you thought the idea a good one. I wish you a good New Year, too.

    If you'd like to play along, do feel free to use books you've read that aren't mysteries if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alan stole the line I was going to use. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patti - LOL!!! Well, you can still express it :-).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Margot, this is going to require thinking. I don't plan to start doing much of that until Saturday. I do want to comment on your choices though...I plan to quit my habits of "Love, Lies, and Liquor?" Won't you be bored?

    I hope you have an outstanding 2011 with lots of success, love, and fun. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pat - LOL! I might be bored, but I'll probably live longer! ;-).

    Thank you so much for the good wishes. I wish a wonderful, safe, healthy new year to you and and those you love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome post ~ love the list you put together!

    Best wishes for 2011, Margot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kathleen - Awww, thanks! glad you liked it! Have a wonderful 2011 yourself.

    ReplyDelete