Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Do You Know Your Victims?

Hello All,

Crime fiction novels often center on the victim, so if you read crime fiction, you usually remember the victims. Or do you? Want to find out how much you remember about some crime fiction victims?

Click the handy link and find out. Read about each victim and match that victim to the correct novel. Then check and see how you’ve done.

Oh, but before you click…… If you’re observant, you will notice that all of the crime fiction novels mentioned in this little quiz have something in common. Can you guess what it is? After you take the quiz, if you think you know what the novels all have in common, send me an Email (docjockey(at)yahoo(dot)com or click the Email Me button on my sidebar). On 21 December, I’ll draw the names of two winners who’ve guessed correctly. Those lucky winners will receive a signed copy of B-Very Flat for themselves or as a gift to someone else. Oh, and don’t worry if you don’t live in the U.S.; if you’re a winner, I’ll be glad to send your prize to you wherever you live.

Even if you decide not to enter the competition, go ahead and try the quiz....if you dare ;-). Click the Dante button below to get started, and good luck!





14 comments:

  1. Oh, I failed. Isn't it always the case as soon as you click the button you realize you've selected wrong. LOL. You make a great point with this. Another fun post.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason - Oh, I know exactly what you mean! I've done that, too. I've even clicked the wrong button knowing it was wrong. Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the post :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do both those more often than I would care to remember- click the wrong button even though I know it is the wrong answer AND know that the answer is wrong the moment I click on the button.

    But this time, there was no such problem. Thanks to you, I know every one of those victims intimately (and am getting to know Alice better).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rayna - Oh, I'm so glad you remembered those victims :-). And I agree; it's fiendishly easy to push the wrong button. I do it quite often, myself. It's a question of the hand moving before the brain does, I think :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerrie - Ah, but 70% is quite respectable. I think you did just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guessed half of them (and used the elimination process for some) so my total is 90 %.

    But I have no idea what they have in common. LOL

    Doesn´t matter; I already own your fine novel, and I enjoyed your entertaining quiz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dorte - You did quite well :-). I'm impressed. And thanks for the kind words about B-Very Flat and about the quiz :-). Well, you will find out what they have in common next week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent quiz, Margot; I got MOST of them right... I'll try and discern what they have in common - I guess I can't say "They were all part of Margot's quiz"? Although, technically speaking that COULD be considered right...

    Sometimes you need to think outside the box. I'd just REALLY like that prize!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elspeth - I'm so glad you liked the quiz :-). Now, you've got an interesting point that all of the novels are mentioned in the quiz. But they've got something else in common, too. Don't over-think it, though.... And good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed the quiz but I have no idea what the books have in common. Thanks for doing these, it's so much fun.
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clarissa - I'm so glad you enjoyed the quiz, even if you can't think for the moment of what the novels have in common. I'll bet you if you give it a bit of time you'll figure it out. But even if you don't, thanks for the kind words :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed the quiz too - you're so good at making up quizzes! Now I have to work out what they have in common - no ideas yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Margaret - Thanks so much for the kind words :-). I'm glad you enjoy these quizzes. Don't think too deeply as you think about what these books have in common. It's a simple fact.

    ReplyDelete