Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Mexican Connection*

Hello, All,

I’ve headed south into Mexico, where today, I’m visiting Clarissa Draper’s excellent blog, Listen to the Voices. Like me, Clarissa is a mystery writer, and her blog is a truly rich resource for crime fiction authors. She shares crime fiction book reviews, information on forensics, ideas for writing and much more. As if that weren’t enough, Clarissa’s novel, The Sholes Key, is available online at no cost. It’s a terrific thriller that I’ve been eagerly following chapter by chapter. One of Clarissa’s features is Reading People, and I am excited and honoured to have been invited to guest post for that feature.

Reading People focuses on people’s verbal and non-verbal ways of communicating, and the way they send messages. It’s a valuable source of information for writers who want to portray their characters accurately. Please pay me a visit at Clarissa’s blog, where I talk about the verbal tricks people in crime fiction use when they are hiding something.


*NOTE: The title of this post is the title of a Billy Joel song. I would have used a line from it, but, um, it’s an instrumental ;-).

9 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds interesting. I'll check it out!

    I was thinking, if I do publish my book the traditional way, you're getting a signed copy of my book for free. You've been so supportive of me online. I may have to take the website down if I go traditional but I'll try to have all the chapters up beforehand so those reading will not be left in the lurch.

    I just had a brilliant idea for my third Sophia/Theo novel over the last few days. I can't wait to write it. But, I have to finish my second. It's almost done but I need a lot of editing on it still.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarissa - LOL! In all seriousness, I'm really enjoying The Sholes Key. I think it's a terrific book, and I am sure that you can be very successful with it. When you become decadently rich and incredibly famous, I'll drop your name everywhere I go ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of Clarissa Draper and am thrilled that she is a fan of my crime thrillers. She was kind enough to interview me on her blog recently. I dropped in here to say how much I enjoyed your interview on Listen to the Voices. Like Clarissa, you share so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh - How very kind of you :-)! Thank you for taking the time to stop by; you are welcome any time. And I agree - Clarissa is wonderful, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip! Headed over there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexandra - Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Margot, it's me again. I saw that you had a link to my book blog on this post and I just wanted to let you know that I've had to take it down. I don't know if you want to change your post of not, but I just thought I'd let you know.

    CD

    ReplyDelete