Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Thank the Lord There's People Out There Like You*

Hello, All,

There’s a lot of excitement here at Confessions of a Mystery Novelist! I’m just about packed and ready to catch a flight to beautiful Colorado, where I’ll be guest blogging at Patricia Stoltey’s terrific blog. Patricia is a very talented fellow crime fiction writer whose series features retired Florida judge Sylvia Thorn and her brother, Willie Grisseljon. Patricia has invited me to contribute to her excellent series, My Writing Life, in which a variety of authors share their experiences and the stories of how they got into “the business.” I’m honored at the invitation! Please stop back very late tonight or tomorrow, depending on where you live, and I’ll have the link up.

For now, though, since it’s Confessions of a Mystery Novelist’s blog-iversary, I think it’s the perfect time to sincerely thank all of you for being kind enough to read my blog. Your interest in what I write means an awful lot to me – more than I can say without gushing. Your comments teach me – every time – and your support is of inestimable value. For that, I am grateful to each of you.

I’d like to invite each of you to accept the little thank-you gift you see in the ‘photo. What’s in the bag? Since I wish the very best to each of you, it’s whatever you would most like.

Again, my thanks for your online friendship and your interest in Confessions of a Mystery Novelist.


*NOTE: The title of this post is a line from Elton John’s Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters.

12 comments:

  1. It's what I wish it to be!? OH, wow, thanks Margot, for the afternoon cup of coffee. How thoughtful you are. And congrats for your blog-iversary! How many years has it been since you started?

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarissa - Why thank you : ). And it's always my pleasure to help support a fellow coffee-holic's habit ; ). It's actually my 1st blog-iversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the blog-iversary. Looking forward to reading the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John - Thanks very much : ). Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your blog-iversary. I'm in awe that it's your first. I have learned so much from your post and look forward to them each day. I'll join Clarissa in that cup of coffee and give you a toast for many more years of wonderful and intriguing posts.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mason - Thank you : ) *blush* That's very kind of you! It means a lot to me, coming from you, and I appreciate that you visit and comment as often as you do. I hope you enjoy that coffee, and thanks for the toast and the good wishes : ).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations from me too. I wish you many more blog-iversities to come. You always amaze me with the depth of your posts. I'm looking forward to reading how you got into the writing business.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversay, Margot. Can't believe you have been blogging for only a year- you are so brilliant, I would have put it at closer to 10!

    I got a steaming cup of coffee (virtual, so not banned by the doctor), and a leather bound volume of your collected blog posts. Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, you don't have to fly to Colorado to write for another blog - the internet's a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margaret - How very kind of you - thank you very much. As you'll see, my writing story isn't what you'd call remarkable, but I'm glad I've taken the decisions I have. And thanks for the terrific reviews and lovely 'photos you share on your own blog.


    Rayna - You are so awfully kind! *blush* Thank you : ). As I write this, I'm having a cup of coffee, myself, so I will enjoy it with you. And thank you for all of your beautiful 'photos and lovely stories on your own blog. Your drabbles are wonderful.


    Kay - I know! Isn't the internet great? I write about flying and packing just for fun, but the reality is so much easier : ).

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy blog birthday Margot and thanks so much for all the work you put in to your blog. It is such a treat to find out what interesting twist you have on crime fiction each day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bernadette - Why, thank you! That's awfully kind of you! I'm really honoured that you visit and comment as often as you do, considering how busy you are.

    ReplyDelete