Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Touch of Sunshine!

My deep thanks to Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise for recognizing Confessions of a Mystery Novelist with this terrific Sunshine Award. It’s a true honor and I’m very excited, especially coming from a blogger whose own Mysteries in Paradise is a real light in the blogosphere. Please, folks, do visit her blog; it’s a wonderful collection of reviews, fun things to do, crime fiction news and of course, all sorts of fun challenges to test our mettle.

Here are the “Sunshine Award” rules:

1. Put the logo on the blog within your post.

2. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers.
3. Link to the nominees within your post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.


As part of this award, I’ve been asked to pass it along to twelve other bloggers whose “contagious positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogging universe.” That’s a tall order for me, because I’m inspired by so many other bloggers. But here goes:

Dorte at DJs Krimiblog
Donna at Big Beat from Badsville
Cathy at Kittling: Books
Chris Well at The Thrill of it All
Rhian at It’s a Crime! (Or a Mystery…)
Karen at Euro Crime
Maxine at Petrona
Martin at Do You Write Under Your Own Name?
Elizabeth at Mystery Writing is Murder
Mason at Thoughts in Progress
Elspeth at It’s a Mystery
Alan at A Million Blogging Monkeys


I’d also like to mention a few other bloggers whom I would have listed, but they’ve already been granted the award, so I didn’t want to double up. Please, though, do visit these folks:

Norman at Crime Scraps
Craig at Crime Watch

Margaret at BooksPlease
Bernadette at Reactions to Reading
Patti at Pattinase


Thanks again, Kerrie! If this were a “boomerang award,” I’d have reciprocated : ).

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Sunshine Award, Margot! You are sunshiney. And thanks for passing it along to me--you're sunshiney AND kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan - How nice of you! Thank you : ). And believe me, you deserve it. I hope you're not too tired out from being on tour ; ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you sweet! Thanks so much, Margot. You're well-deserving of your award...and I appreciate your passing it on to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why, thank you, Elizabeth! And believe me, it was my great pleasure to pass it on : ). I learn every time I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your award is well deserved Margot. I'm amazed everytime I read one of your posts. I can't ever imagine that you do any other "work", but of course you do. And your list includes quite a few people whom I felt anxious about leaving off mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerrie - How kind of you - thank you : ). That's the beauty of books, isn't it? They aren't work : ). And I must say how truly honored I was that you passed this award to me : ).

    I know what you mean about others who richly deserve this award. I was glad you'd chosen some of the wonderful blogs that you did; I knew that otherwise, there was no way at all I could choose just twelve. Between us, I think we've done well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margot, you are definitely a ray of sunshine with your knowledge, inspiration and love of mysteries. Congratulations on your award, well deserved. I am honored that you've included me in the list to receive the award from you. I have learned much from your posts and always find them intriguing and thought provoking. Thank you again for your thoughtfulness.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mason - How very kind of you to say such nice things : )! Thank you. And it really is my pleasure to send the Sunshine Award along to you. You've got such a wealth of authors to "meet," books to share and ideas to think about; I get something good out of every visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Margot! I'm the world's worst for passing these awards along, but I do appreciate receiving one. People who know me in life would find the knowledge of me receiving a "Touch of Sunshine" award hilarious and somewhat ironic. You, on the other hand, deserve it mightily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elspeth - Why, thank you : ). One of the things I admire most about you is that you're able to find the humor in just about any situation. That's a wonderful gift that I wish I had. So I was more than pleased to send the Sunshine Award on to you. So if the people who know you in life find this hysterically ironic (or ironically hysterical), throw confetti at them ; ).

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks very much Margot. I'm afraid I'll just be basking in the warm glow of this one as it's been given out to just about everyone I would pass it on to, but it is much appreciated that you mention me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bernadette - Oh, my pleasure. Bask away, as you deserve all of the accolades you can get. Your blog has such wonderful reviews and "food for thought." And, of course, those excellent charts! For me, it's a "must visit" on my daily blog visit tour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks, Margot, you are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rhian - Well-deserved, believe me!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First, congratulations on your own award, and thank you very much for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dorte - Why, thank you : ). And it's my pleasure to send you a Sunshine Award. Your blog has such excellent reviews, terrific flash fiction and of course, there's that global reading challenge. What's not to love?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you very much, Margot. I am honoured. I very much appreciate you thinking of me in this way. I very much approve of you having been given this award, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maxine - Thank you very much : ). And believe me, you richly deserve this award, yourself. Your reviews, news, updates and issues are among the best in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Margot. I am so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Margot, I very much appreciate both your blog and the comments you contribute to other blogs. Thanks very much, and can I say that I thought Mason Canyon expressed my own views so eloquently that I really can't do better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cathy - Believe me, it's my pleasure : ). Your blog's got such wonderful reviews, polls, and of course, Mailbox Monday, to say nothing of the thoughtful points you give us to think about. I'm better for visiting your blog.



    Martin - You're awfully kind, and I appreciate it : ). It means even more coming from one whose blog I admire as much as I do yours. From books (both classic and new) to film to television and interviews, you've got such a broad array of interesting topics and such knowledge. Little wonder I stop by your blog daily.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much, Margot! Alas, I still haven't fulfilled the obligations of the previous award -- I have some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete