Monday, April 12, 2010

A Few Thank-You's......












I'd like to extend my deep thanks to the Book Mole for honoring Confessions of a Mystery Novelist with these terrific awards. I am flattered and grateful, and I apologize that it's taken me this long to say so. Part of the Honest Scrap award asks me to tell everyone 10 things about myself. Well... since I've already told you folks plenty of things about me, let me just add this: I once met a famous American-football star. Reggie White, who played for the Eagles and then for the Green Bay Packers, was visiting a store near where I lived to sign autographs, so Mr. Confessions of a Mystery Novelist and I went to pay our respects. Mr. White's hand was so large that, when he shook my hand, his hand went all the way up past my wrist. He was quite polite and gracious, actually. Please do visit the Book Mole's interesting site that's full of reviews and thoughts on books, especially crime fiction.





Also....


My deep thanks to Craig at Crime Watch for being kind enough to interview me for his interesting series of interviews with crime fiction authors. I truly enjoyed the experience and was honored to have been invited. Please visit Crime Watch for fascinating insights on crime fiction, especially New Zealand crime fiction, and thoughtful, informative book reviews.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the awards and the interview, very much deserved. Sounds like an interesting post on crime fiction authors. I'll have to check it out.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason - Thank you : ). It really was an honor to be interviewed, and those awards were a real honor, too : ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the awards in interview!

    Cool story about Reggie White!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth - Thanks very much : )! It actually was a fun experience to meet Reggie White. I'm not normally starstruck, but that was a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats your awards, you deserve it. Your blog is one of the most extensive mystery novel examination sites I know on the web.

    ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann - Why thank you : )! That's very kind, and it means a lot to me, especially coming from someone with as interesting and informative a writer's blog as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your awards - well deserved, as always. I enjoyed reading your interview and I'm with you about Billy Joel. Thanks also for the description of how large Reggie White's hand is. Wow. Sadly, I went to a very rude place. It's just my way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elspeth - Thank you! : ) And it's nice to know you're a fellow Billy Joel fan. I've been a devotee since I was a teenager, and one of the highlights of my life was when I got the chance to actually speak to him at a Q/A session he had a campus where I was teaching.

    ...and I think we all go to rude places at times...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the well-deserved awards, and the cool interview ~ which I enjoyed so much. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathleen - Thanks : ) on both counts! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview; I know I enjoyed it, too. Isn't Craig's blog terrific?

    ReplyDelete