Sunday, November 1, 2009

And The Name-The-Character Contest Winner Is.....

Hello again, kind readers of Confessions of a Mystery Novelist! Indy here, with an update on the name-the-character contest that so many of you were nice enough to enter. Margot and I really appreciate your helping her out with this character’s name! She was really getting quite irritating about this.

There were so many great names suggested that it was very hard for me to choose a name, and it would have been impossible for Margot to do so.

In fact, there were so many terrific ideas that Margot and I decided to award two lucky winners signed copies of Publish or Perish.

So, without further ado, here goes. The winning name for Margot’s character is…… Jered Carr – suggested by Patti at Friday’s Forgotten Books.

The second winning name, which will be used for another character in Dying to See You is….. Carter Barclay – suggested by Bernadette at Reactions to Reading.

Patti and Bernadette – Congratulations! Margot will Email you very soon to get your postal addresses.


Margot and I would also like to give an Honorable Mention to Philip, who suggested the name Sheldon Bernays. Unfortunately, there’s already a character named Sheldon in the book, so I wouldn’t let Margot use it again.

To those of you who took the trouble to choose names and weren’t winners, thanks for your interest and please take heart. Margot’s next book, B-Very Flat , is coming out this spring, and I’ll bet I’ll be able to talk her into a giveaway then.

Thanks again for your interest in Margot’s blog!

17 comments:

  1. Well, I can't wait to tell Jered Carr. He will be in heaven. People pay money for such an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti - Awww...thanks : ). I hope he still thinks it's an honor when he reads the book ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honoured by the Honourable Mention, Indy. Of course, I am rather hoping that something unpleasant might happen to the other Sheldon early in the book, then my Sheldon could by slipped in without anyone noticing, hmmm? I know that's unlikely, but, on the other hand, I'm sitting here at 1.11 a.m. writing to a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well deserved winners! Great names.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting - I will have to do the dishes more often (that's when I came up with my entry)

    on second thoughts I doubt I'll be more inspired to do the dishes...but I am excited

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners! What wonderful names!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the winners - what great names they choose!

    Good to hear from you again, Indy. Love that Elvis thing you're doing with your lip :-) You are a very handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was supposed to be "chose." How embarassing. Not enough coffee yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Philip - I'll tell Margot what you wrote. You never know...you just may get your wish.... :). And don't feel bad; here it is just after four in the morning, and I'm sittng here writing to a human!

    Glynis - Weren't they great names?! It was really hard to choose one. That's why I wouldn't let Margot do it.

    Bernadette - I'm so glad you're excited. Frankly, I get my best ideas while I'm scratching myself or playing with my chew toy.


    Elizabeth - Thanks - it was really hard to choose from among so many great names.

    Ingrid - Thank you very much ;). "Elvis" is the nickname that one of the other humans who lives with me has given me. Funny you'd mention that. And don't worry about typos; I make them all the time because I don't have opposable thumbs.

    Cheers all,
    Indy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulation to Patti and Bernadette!

    Both of you deserve to win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good choice, Indy! Congrats to Patti and Philip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Classicmysteries and Christine - Margot and I liked those names, too. It was so hard to choose, though!! It kept us awake for days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to the winners!

    I like giveaways, but I love funny competitions even more :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That should be congrats to Patti and Bernadette, Christine -- I am but a humble Hon. Men.

    But keep working on that little idea of ours, Indy. Word has it that Margot is quite malleable, and there could be a very nice bone in this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dorte - I agree completely! Funny competitions are the greatest! That's why I talked Margot into this one.

    Philip - Hmmm... you're tempting me! I know I can make Margot do what I want, and if you and I come to - er - an understanding, it might very well be worth it for me ; ).

    Cheers,
    Indy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Margot -- I just noticed you've featured my blog in your sidebar this week. Thanks a bunch for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My pleasure, Patricia : ) You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete